Jul 23, 2005

cont'd

wasn't in all that great a mood going to bed. work the next day, with an assignment hanging over my neck which i saw as simply being impossible - beyond my capabilities to do. i think many people are like that - if the task seems beyond them, they'll never get started. not that i hadn't tried - i tried and found myself stumped. i prayed that night for God to resolve the problem - not to find some way to get it done to the specifications demanded of me, but rather that at the end of everything, that every person associated with the problem would find it resolved to their satisfaction.

and so i went to work the next day, half dreading the coming reckoning, and half anticipating the resolution of the problem. scared, a little. and i met my boss, and talked with him, and discused things. took all my courage to go and approach him, 'cos i could have just chosen to ignore the problem, and he, being busy, would not have bothered me, and the problem would have snowballed and gathered momentum and eventually killed me. so i found the courage. actually no. i was given courage by the fact that i had prayed over the problem, so i approached my boss so as to resolve the problem quickly. suffice to say, he acknowledged that the initial task was quite impossible, not in a thousand years, and, displaying a wisdom worthy of Solomon, re-defined the parameters so as to simplify the job and still accomplish the same objectives.

with the task now seemingly achievable, i started on it with a will, and as of now, it has been accomplished. but it has been a very trying week. i thank God for solving the problem, and i totally forgot to mention it during testimony time at cell last night. oh well.