Jan 17, 2007

Beholding God's Glory

A concept introduced to me some time ago by a lady called Sarah Yang was "Beholding God's Glory". Don't really understand it, but it involves meeting God not through the Word, nor through worship, nor through prayer in words or tongue, but a kind of sitting and resting and... beholding. Just looking and seeing God's glory. She would put a worship CD on, and just sit and behold, and I tried that today.

So I was lying on my back, on my bed, gazing at the ceiling. I was wide awake, but lying down, because it seemed that God was up there somewhere, and a picture came into my mind - i saw the night sky, and the stars winking in the darkness, and I saw a tube made of some translucent, clear material, stretching away from me up and up into the Heavens, and a thought came to mind. The exact phrasing eludes me now, but... "Now that I'm fasting, I have a clear, direct, unimpeded line to Heaven." and then this. "Ask whatever you want."

So I spoke what I wanted. It seemed important to speak it aloud somehow. Three things I wanted. To know the will of God, to do the will of God, and to be empowered and anointed for the doing. and then, after a few more minutes... nothing. And I wondered whether I had said something wrong, or whether I had missed something somehow, whether I'd been distracted. And I pondered that for awhile, and then i decided that, you know, perhaps that was what God wanted to say for today, and that I would find out more tomorrow. Eagerly waiting tomorrow.

I write this here as testimony, and a reminder of what I am promised.