Dec 6, 2005

.

it seemed so much easier when i was young to say, "here i am Lord, send me." as we grow up in this fallen world, as we live with people and rub shoulders with them, we start to develop other goals in our life. to get a certain job, to make a certain amount of money, to order life in the way which you see as being best for yourself and your own happiness.

but then you begin to make decisions that align to your own vision of life, your own path. you start to worry about having sufficient by way of material things, even though God has proven himself faithful time and time again. and you forget to consult God the all-wise and all-loving. i think the sermon touched on this on sunday - how we will only figure out what God's good, perfect and pleasing will for our life is AFTER we have presented our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God.

i shock myself that i actually remember what was preached in the sermon. doesn't happen often.


I surrender all
My silent hopes and dreams
Though the price to follow
Cost me everything
I surrender all
My human soul's desires
If sacrifice requires
That all my Kingdoms fall
I surrender all

Everything I have
All I've done and all I've known
Now belongs to You
The life I live is not my own
Just as Abraham laid Isaac
On the sacrificial fire
If all I am is all that You desire
I surrender all...


i'm pondering taking up a responsibility.... don't know what to think about it.