Aug 23, 2005

.

was just feeling overwhelmed tonight by the things that had to be done, that i had to do. funny now that i think about it - i never had this feeling in JC, but then in JC i never felt as if i HAD to do anything - homework, assignments and study were strictly optional. now i'm growing up, and i have responsibilities, to my family, to the people around me, and to my God.


and as is the case when being overwhelmed, one eventually ends up doing absolutely nothing. i was playing guitar, letting the sorrow ease, when jill calls, and we talk. and it was of a great help to me, a reminder of things that perhaps i never knew, or perhaps i forgot.

and it all boils back down to trusting. to misquote from Matthew, the Lord knows that you need (to do) these things. and i must learn to trust that the Lord has given these things into my hand for me to do, and that He will provide the way and the means by which they will be done. i just do what little i can in the time that i have, and somehow it all will get done. The Lord is my strength.

I am reminded of the miracle of Ezekiel and the widow. Where the man of God used a small flask of oil, and got it to fill every container in the house full of oil. (with the soaring oil prices nowadays, that could prove useful) We pour out what little strength and energy we might have on what we are called to do, and somehow we find that we are able to keep pouring and pouring and pouring.

and that has led me to the computer, which i think was planned by God, judging by whats going on on MSN... praise be unto Him.