Aug 3, 2006

weakness

i decided today that all our weaknesses exist for one reason only; to give us opportunity to love one another.

if we could see everyone around us in this way, how great that would be. still learning...

and how great it would be if we all were aware of our own weaknesses... we would be more humble, and more conscious of the grace of God and of people around us who put up with our nonsense for so long...


what brought this on was my knee again... gave me a twinge today as i was getting into my dad's van... you know the little torque that you do twisting yourself to get into a vehicle... that was enough apparently for me to turn the knee the wrong way, and twinge it. and i jumped a little, and plomped down onto the seat, and cried out, thinking what a weakling i am. don't think i'll survive the marathon.

but God made me this way, weaknesses and all. and He loves me just the same. and people around me love me too, in spite of my own hang-ups, and that's wonderful to know.

i guess another way of looking at it is that i'm unique and special, and God takes special care of me because of my specific weaknesses. =)