Sep 12, 2005

Live Out Loud!!!

This whole weekend, the Abundant Life Family Church staged worship concerts over three nights at my church auditorium. I went the first night....

enjoyed myself. lost myself in the music, but sometimes i wonder if we're acting rather like fans at a concert... the whole jumping, screaming, singing till i'm horse, neigh**, i mean hoarse. it is an act of the will to keep my mind on the thing at hand, which i believe is called focusing, focusing on God. or, as All Star United put it, "It's true, we were meant to worship Someone. It's true, I do!!!" Perhaps that's why all the bouncing and shouting seems right.... Rejoice in the Lord, always, and again i say Rejoice.


the message was good. reminded me of what my sister taught me some time ago, but that's another story...
he spoke about seeing. to quote him, "Joshua and Caleb saw themselves as giant-killers; the other ten spies saw themselves as grasshoppers." For the context, read the Book of Joshua.

he was not referring to seeing as that of the eyes only, but more in terms of one's idea of the future... "what do you see yourself doing in ten years' time" kind of seeing. and this kind of seeing is significant...

it's a measure of your faith, really. quoting the speaker again, when Reverend Reinhardt Bonnke (not sure of spelling) arrived in Africa one fateful day many years ago, he was asked, "Reverend, do you see the depth of darkness and oppression that lies over this land?" He replied, "I see a blood-washed continent" (the whole of the above is reproduced from my memory, and is in no way guaranteed to be an accurate record of the actual quote.) That was the faith he had.


Somewhere along the line, it reminded me of the need to have a personal vision. What do you see yourself doing in ten years' time? What difference will you have made in the lives of the people around you? What are your priorities, where will you invest your time? Because where you invest your time is a clear indication of where your priorities are. The cliched question, what would you do if this day were your last?


I, am serving the nation. What a waste of time.





**this is meant to be a lame joke, a pun on the word nay. but if you still don't get it, nevermind.